IsatPhone 2 Satellite Phone from Inmarsat
Introducing Inmarsat’s brand-new satellite phone: The IsatPhone 2!
The new-generation IsatPhone 2 joins IsatPhone Pro in the Inmarsat handheld satellite phone portfolio. IsatPhone 2 is a tough phone for a tough world. The robust handset has been engineered to cope with anything that nature can throw at it – from searing heat to icy blasts, desert sandstorms or monsoon rain. It offers unrivaled battery life – 8 hours of talk time and up to 160 hours on standby.
Together, IsatPhone 2’s design and capabilities – including safety features – make it ideal for the most demanding of users in sectors such as civil government, oil and gas, NGOs, and media.
IsatPhone 2: Rugged, Safe, Reliable
The IsatPhone 2 brings many of the features that users love about the IsatPhone Pro, but adds benefits like an incredible battery life and ruggedized exterior.
- Dependable connectivity
- High voice quality
- Voicemail, text and email messaging
- Extended battery capacity
- Assistance button – sends GPS location data and text to pre-set emergency number
- Tracking – sends location information
- Bluetooth for hands-free use
- Incoming call alerts with antenna stowed
- Ergonomic and ruggedised handset
IsatPhone 2 Features
A powerful, dependable satellite phone delivering high voice quality, voicemail, text and email messaging, plus tracking and assistance alert features. All packaged in an ergonomically designed rugged handset.
IsatPhone 2 has fast network registration in under 45 seconds and unrivaled battery life, with 8 hours of talk time and up to 160 hours of standby time.
IsatPhone 2 operates over global geostationary satellites ensuring reliable call stability and network connection.
Inmarsat’s new satellite phone is designed and engineered to withstand the most extreme conditions; operates at -20°c to +55°c; includes larger keypad for easy dialing when wearing gloves; dust, splash and shock resistant (IP65, IK04); humidity tolerance from 0 to 95%.
IsatPhone 2 has location services, including tracking and assistance button, to keep people updated of your GPS coordinates when it matters. Receive notification of inbound calls even with antenna stowed.
IsatPhone 2 by easy-to-use interface with large high-visibility, scratch-resistant transflective display that is readable even in bright sunlight.
Email and Data Over IsatPhone 2
Together with XGate and the RedPort Optimizer, the IsatPhone is well-suited for email and weather and social media posting services. Its data service is the slowest of all providers, but pricing generally means that per-byte service is approximately the same. For faster overall service and for web-browsing, you should consider another satellite phone.
Important Message for Pivotel Airtime Subscribers
IsatPhone 2 is available in two models: original IsatPhone 2 and IsatPhone 2.1. Both models use different firmware versions, USB drivers and software tools. Please make sure to identify your correct IsatPhone 2 model before proceeding to download and install new files. IsatPhone 2.1 details are displayed on the outside of the phone’s packaging and on the CE label inside the handset. You can also identify the model by going to the ‘About’ menu setting of the handset.
- IsatPhone 2.1 does not require firmware upgrade to work with a Pivotel SIM.
- IsatPhone 2 must have firmware version 2.00.03 or higher to work with a Pivotel SIM. For instructions on how to update your IsatPhone 2 firmware, please visit http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-2-support/ or call Pivotel Customer Care on +1-865-379-8723.
- IsatPhone Pro must have firmware 5.17.2 or higher to work with a Pivotel SIM. For instructions on how to update your IsatPhone Pro firmware, http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-pro-support/ or call Pivotel Customer Care on +1-865-379-8723.
- Isatphone firmware upgrades cannot be completed using a USB 3 port on a Windows 7 PC.
- It is recommended to always upgrade your IsatPhone to the latest firmware version.