Iridium GPS tracking for the following satellite devices:
Iridium Satellite GPS Tracking
Because both the RedPort Aurora have built-in GPS chips, you can use your satellite device to send a GPS ping of your exact location to a tracking software that can log your positions.
Tracking can be set at either every 15, 30, or 60 minutes. Pricing is as follows:
Position reporting every 60 minutes – $59
Position reporting every 30 minutes – $79
Position reporting every 15 minutes – $99
Your monthly subscription for tracking services includes access to the industry-leading RedPort Tracking service. This web-portal consists of a detailed, robust online tracking interface that provides:
- Real-time Position and Tracking
- Longitude and latitude info
- Emergency alarm/ SOS/Movement alarm/ Overspeed alarm/ Border crossing alert.
- Geo-fence alarm
- Course and Speed (on web-based tracking site)
- Web-based tracking or mobile-phone-based tracking
- Central Monitoring system (web-base)
- History of tracking movements
- Ability to track hundreds of vessels or assets on one web-based monitoring system
Embedding Your Unique Tracking Map on Your Site
With RedPort Tracking, you can choose to embed your unique tracking map (or that of your vessels) on a site of your choosing. For individuals, this means that friends and family back home can immediately see where you are located in the world and follow along on your journey.
For those needing commercial vessel tracking, this means that you can view all of your assets at once on one single map, set zone alarms and alerts, and see vessel history in one flexible interface.
In Conclusion: Here’s What You Need
Here is a final recap of what you need to get satellite GPS tracking up for your vessel’s location:
A subscription to Iridium GPS tracking